I was raised to do good deeds, but as a child I didn't know why. I thought that if I did good the GOD would like me and if I didn't, HE would punish me. I am slowly realizing that GOD doesn't have the flimsy measures of mankind.
- GOD is slow to anger. GOD loves you and me 100%.
- GOD allowed HIS SON to go on a volunteer mission to save humans.
- GOD sent HIS SPIRIT to live in humans sinful bodies to those who believe.
- GOD only sees good in us once we believe in HIS SON!
I pondered this for a while. I know the Bible says GOD sends correction to HIS people. I also know that it says that "I will reap what I sow", BUT GOD correction and errors are only temporary and tied to this world.I actually got angry at one point and wondered "why does GOD put us through all of this?" Why do we have to walk blindly on this earth and then get rewards later? Then I realized GOD did some amazing things.GOD made humans as HIS prize possession.
- HE made a perfect place for them.
- HE gave them free will to choose HIM or not (love offers choice).
- HE wrote HIS law on every humans' heart.
- HE allowed even HIS angels to choose. (Satan chose to try to be GOD and failed).In spite of all the turmoil not caused by HIM, HE redeemed HIS humans.
Now I am amazed that HE has rewards for me. HE actually appreciates each time I tell someone about the GREAT news about JESUS. HE loves it when I treat one of HIS undeserving humans the same way HE treated me. HE get's excited when I "love" in spite of my circumstance.Now I am not being good because I want GOD to be pleased anymore. I do good because of what HE has already done for me.
- Are you excited about what GOD has done for you?
- When is the last time you did something for someone simply because GOD did things for you?
- When you do good are you trying to manipulate GOD into giving you your own way?
- Is the thing you want good for you?