Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Be Strong! Stand firm on your faith!

Matthew 7:24"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash." 28When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, 29because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law.

============================================


During these difficult days it seems like there is more to be nervous about than ever before. I look at my own life and see many things I could be worried about, BUT GOD has changed my worries into peace.

How?

GOD has given me faith in HIS SON and that HE knows what is best for me.

  • I used to panic and wonder if GOD was listening to me.
  • I used to think HE would come up with these evil tests and make me jump through hoops.
  • I used to think HE wanted me to serve until I had nothing left to give, meanwhile HE stood in the corner with a clipboard and pencil marking off the things I did wrong.

Then it hit me, I just described a human, not GOD. We look at other humans as our example of GOD and to tell you the truth, we are bad examples. GOD's faith and foundation are full of endless, boundless love towards me. HE does not have one evil thought towards me.

HE understands that life will be difficult and that I will be tempted to move away from HIM. HE knows life will have many storms, but HE wants to protect me and give me as many tools to cope with life as possible. HE wants me to expect things to go wrong on earth and to hold on to my faith.

I questioned GOD about "life" and I suggest you do the same. I asked "LORD, why do we have to go through life with difficulty?" I got my answer from reading the Bible. GOD made mankind with "choice." I can choose HIM or my own way.

The first man and woman chose their own way and this started a chain of events causing every human to be lost. Humans now had to be perfect in order to have a relationship with GOD. This was impossible so all humans were sentenced to death.

  • GOD volunteered to become a human and die for us.
  • GOD the Father along with GOD the SPIRIT agreed.
  • JESUS walked this earth and those HE came to save killed HIM.
  • HE was raised by the FATHER and now is alive preparing a place for those who believe.

Meanwhile, the earth remains cursed. Crops grow "sometimes" but not always. Men and women argue, fuss and fight to get their own way. Greed, lust, envy and shocking behavior bombard mankind daily. Why? Because Satan desires that man join him in eternal separation from GOD. If he goes we go.

GOD says, "stand firm!" Don't fall for the trick of blaming GOD for life's misery. Satan is powerless against GOD and wants to blind us to the truth. GOD is a mighty rescuer and has never ending faith and love towards you and I. By following HIM our lives will be full of adventure!

  • Do you believe GOD wants the best for you?
  • Do you believe HE can get you out of your situation instantly?
  • Why hasn't HE?
  • Are you fighting the change HE is making in you?
  • Will you "choose" to serve HIM today even though the storms of life remain?

No comments:

Post a Comment