Monday, January 25, 2010

Tired? Give your burden to GOD and find "rest."

Matthew 11:25At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. 26Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure. 27"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. 28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

==============================

I love hearing that GOD cares for me. In the middle of my crisis, GOD speaks great words of comfort. HE says listen to HIM and my burdens will go away. HE speaks about comfort on earth and in heaven.

I get burdened here on earth and I seek GOD's comfort. HE says "Take my yoke upon you and learn from ME." How am I supposed to do that? It seems like the fight is too big and the situation is too difficult for me to handle. GOD says there is nothing too difficult for HIM to handle.

When I place my desires, wants and needs in GOD's hands HE takes them and does the best thing for them. HE settles my nervous heart and calms me down.

I have heard people say to me "Let go and Let GOD." I was always upset by this statement because how can I "let go" when I am in the middle of this situation?

Then I found a way to "let go."
  • As I read what GOD has done for me and how HE pursues me daily I get comforted.
  • When I bless someone with a gift and see their reaction, even during my crisis I am comforted.
  • When I see the little things that GOD does in my life, I get comforted.
  • When I realize that GOD wants all the best for me, I get comforted.

GOD does not want us to be burdened by the world's situations and circumstances. HE desires that we continue to serve others and connect our burdens to HIM. Yell, scream, shout your burdens to HIM, HE will listen.

What I am realizing is the harder I try to fix a situation, the more troubled I become when the situation isn't fixed. Since GOD knows what is best for me, I should be more accepting of the direction HE takes me, no matter how strange or different than my expectations.

When I raise my expectations that GOD knows best and lower my expectation that I know what I need, I get what I want. GOD takes HIS people on amazing journey's, meanwhile HE remains at the center of peace.

  • Is your heart troubled?
  • Are you tired of struggling to get out of your situation?
  • Do you realize that GOD is all powerful and can get you out of any circumstance?
  • Why hasn't he?
  • Are you learning of HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment