Tuesday, January 26, 2010

You will be known by your fruit.

Matthew 12:33"Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. 34You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. 35The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. 36But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. 37For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."

=============================

I read this several times this morning and it made me think. What kind of "fruit" am I bearing? I look back on my life and I see some days where I had GODLY fruit and other days I had selfish fruit.

The days in which I had selfish fruit I got my way, but I didn't want what I got. There were times when I was quick to accuse and ready to tell the person or people about their wrong. Trust me, ask my family! BUT GOD showed me that this behavior is not GODLY fruit.

I thought I was being careful with my accusations of the past. I mean I had biblical references and I was ready to slay the people who "wronged" me. After stabbing their heart with what I thought was the truth I wonder if they could hear a message of CHRIST from me?

  • GODLY fruit isn't easy.
  • GODLY fruit doesn't keep count of wrong.
  • GODLY fruit doesn't respond to false accusations.
  • GODLY fruit leaves the door open to tell people about grace.
  • GODLY fruit enables blessings.
  • GODLY fruit can only come from GOD through humans.

I look at the poison I have spit at humans. I accuse and I complain about their actions. "Look at that stupid boss" or "look at the way he is dressed" is what I used to say. How about "look at that raggedy car" or "why don't they paint that house?" ""On no, here comes a beggar, I wonder if they are scamming." The list goes on.

These are not proud moments, but I am glad GOD doesn't keep score. HE loves when I say "thank you" for the blessings others give me instead of complaining about the gift. HE loves when I give grace to people instead of the so called justice I think I need to give them. HE adores when I speak of HIS SON and convinces people not to reject HIM.

GOD knows the times in which I am truly bearing fruit and when I want to look good in front of humans. Fortunately for me HE only keeps track of the good!

  • What kind of fruit are you bearing today?
  • Is there someone who could use GODLY fruit instead of your so called justice?
  • Have you looked at your relationships?
  • How healthy are they?
  • Do you push people away or draw them to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment