Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Even a little "touch" of faith goes a long way!

Mark 5:25And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. 26She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. 27When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, 28because she thought, "If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed." 29Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.

30At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, "Who touched my clothes?"

31"You see the people crowding against you," his disciples answered, "and yet you can ask, 'Who touched me?' "

32But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. 33Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. 34He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering."

======================================


This story fascinates me. I see a woman who had been suffering for a long time. I speculate that since she was bleeding, she was declared "unclean" by the religious leaders and therefore she could not worship. I also speculate that people looked down on her because she was declared unclean.

The reason I speculate this is because I have done the same thing to people. Imagine instead of bleeding the person has AIDS or Herpes. In fear, I judged the person's lifestyle or just didn't help.

If going on a crusade for a cause is your thing then so be it. I just want to be honest, I too have thought the wrong way about someone because they had an ailment.

This woman had an ailment that she could not do anything about. She sought after doctors and other people for help, yet there was nothing they could do. The problem could only be handled by GOD HIMSELF.

I don't know where she got her faith, but it is truly amazing. How did she know that just touching HIS clothes would work? My thought is that maybe it happened to someone else and news traveled.

Just imagine JESUS walking around and people pushing to get to HIM and HIS robe touches a person and they get healed. They are going to run and tell everyone what happened. She may have heard this and was desperate for healing. Her condition was getting worse and she needed GOD right now!

JESUS has an account of where HIS power goes. As HE walked along, HE knew who touched HIM, HE knew their disease or ailment and HE knew just how to heal them. Each touch was like a doctors consultation and surgery all at the same time.

HE asks a strange question for our benefit. "Who touched my clothes?", HE said to HIS disciples. HE did this for our benefit. HE wanted people to notice the woman who had been healed so that they would believe in HIS power to heal all situations.

Her tiny "touch" of faith enabled her to be healed by GOD. It's amazing that faith transcends the physical realm. Her touch was felt by GOD through HIS clothing. HIS inventory of power had been tapped into by her faith.

  • GOD knows just what I am going through.
  • When I reach out to HIM with a little faith HE returns great power.
  • GOD knows just how to heal me and my situation.

She was immediately healed and her body was made whole. Her bleeding not only stopped, but she was fully restored to 100% health. Nothing was wrong with her body. GOD's ability to restore is amazing, just have a "touch" of faith.

  • Is your back up against the wall?
  • Have you tried everything?
  • Are you willing to be an example of how GOD can conquer any situation?
  • Do you have just the tiniest "touch" of faith to reach out to GOD with your situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment