Thursday, February 18, 2010

Have you ever just felt like praising HIM?

Luke 1:46And Mary said: "My soul glorifies the Lord 47and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, 48for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed,
49for the Mighty One has done great things for me— holy is his name. 50His mercy extends to those who fear him, from generation to generation.
51He has performed mighty deeds with his arm; he has scattered those who are proud in their inmost thoughts.
52He has brought down rulers from their thrones but has lifted up the humble.
53He has filled the hungry with good things but has sent the rich away empty.
54He has helped his servant Israel, remembering to be merciful 55to Abraham and his descendants forever, even as he said to our fathers."


=======================================


GOD is truly amazing! I love saying that because it means I can actually see what HE is doing in my life. There are times when I walk around blind to HIS great power.

I get so wrapped up in me that I can't see GOD or HIS mighty blessings. BUT GOD shows me HE is in control. Mary was a teenage bride to be. Jewish custom stated that a couple was practically married when they were engaged. In fact, the only way to break off the engagement was through divorce.

Mary was told by GOD she was going to have a baby who was going to be the CHOSEN ONE. This scared the teen half to death, yet she accepted the path GOD had her on.

She praised GOD because she could not find anything special about herself to be chosen by HIM. She wasn't rich. She didn't own land. She wasn't a queen. Yet Mary was chosen for a very special task, to birth the REDEEMER.

She praised GOD recognizing HIM for who HE is.

  • GOD is the MIGHTY ONE - Nothing can fight against HIM.
  • GOD is MERCIFUL - HE knows our sins and does not punish us.
  • GOD brings down the proud - HE ignores humans who think they are "something."
  • GOD lifts the humble - HE never leaves people who point their lives to HIM.
  • GOD fills the hungry - HE provides physical and spiritual food for HIS people.
  • GOD sends the rich away empty - Those who depend on money will never be content.
  • GOD loves the Jews - Always remember they are HIS chosen people and HE keeps HIS promises to them.

I have to praise GOD! HE has been so good to me that I can't contain myself. HIS sustaining power is unmatched. HE turns pain into joy and fear into confidence. GOD redeemed me and HE has never forgotten me. I am so amazed at HIS great power.

  • Are you amazed at GOD's power?
  • Have you pondered all of the promises HE has kept?
  • Do you realize that when HE says HE will do something, there is nothing that can stop HIM?
  • What praise do you have for HIM today?

No comments:

Post a Comment