Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Behold the LAMB - by my wife

29The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 30This is the one I meant when I said, 'A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.' 31I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel." 32Then John gave this testimony: "I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. 33I would not have known him, except that the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, 'The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is he who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.' 34I have seen and I testify that this is the Son of God." Behold the Lamb

=========================

When I was a child, I remember singing the nursery rhyme “Mary had a Little Lamb”. As I sang about the lamb whose “Fleece was white as snow”, I never thought about the song could also apply to our savior.

John introduces Jesus as “The Lamb of God”. It’s interesting to consider someone so powerful with such a gentle title. Our Savior as a Lamb. That’s exactly the role he served in and the sacrifice he made for us. Isaiah told us that this would happen. Isaiah 53:7 states” He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth” During these times, a lamb was sacrificed in the morning and in the evening to atone for the sins of the people.

The lamb needed to be male, no broken bones, and without blemish. Jesus was the perfect Lamb. He humbled himself to die on the cross for all of our sins, so that we might have eternal life. As the song would say “That’s love”.

I want to be like Mary and take Jesus with me wherever I go. I appreciate his humility. I appreciate his sacrifice. I hope that in my endeavor to be more Christ like, I can love others as unselfishly as he does.

What do you think?
Do you think it’s easy or difficult to demonstrate humility and selfless love?

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment