Monday, March 1, 2010

What are you holding onto?

Luke 9:23Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. 24For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. 25What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?

26If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. 27I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God."

===================================

My struggle with GOD is that I want to control my life and I want to steer the outcome of all my circumstances. I love being in control of my life. I like planning, executing the plan and accomplishing the goals I have set. I am a goal oriented person. The problem with goal oriented people and GOD is sometimes our timing and goals are different.

GOD looks at my feeble plans and chuckles. HE sees that I want total control of my life and that I would leave HIM out of any decisions HE has for me. Now the problem with my plans is when they don't match HIS plans, I get frustrated at HIM. I pout and spit and kick a scream at GOD, meanwhile HE sits back and lets me have a temper tantrum.

I pretend to act humble by saying to GOD, "all I want to do is live a humble existence and pay my bills." But what if that's not what GOD has planned for me? Now what?

  • GOD said "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you," "thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."
  • GOD said "Be still and know that I AM GOD."
  • GOD said "I AM the first and the last the beginning and the end."
  • GOD said "I AM"

When GOD has a plan for me and HE get's excited about HIS plan, HE can't wait to make that plan happen in our life. HE is patient enough to allow us to run away from HIM, but HE truly wants us to be in accord with HIM. When I ignore the plan HE has for me then I am saying to HIM, "I know better than YOU."

  • When I accept GOD's plan I drop my worries, doubts and fears.
  • When I accept GOD's plan I bring peace to people not turmoil.
  • When I accept GOD's plan I argue less with HIS humans.
  • When I accept GOD's plan I see endless possibilities instead of failure and misery.
  • When I accept GOD's plan I "know" I am protected instead of guessing about GOD's love.

I long thought the term "denying" myself meant everyone gets everything and I get nothing. This is far from the truth. When I deny myself and ask GOD to reveal HIS plans for me, I get an abundant life full of adventure and praise to GOD. HE provides in abundance and never does anything halfway or shoddy.

  • Are you trying to hold onto an old life that GOD is changing?
  • Are you frustrated with not being able to accomplish your plans?
  • In your future, do you see "abundance" or "not enough?"
  • Are you ashamed to tell people about HIS SON and what HE is doing in your life right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment