Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ahhh... Peace.

John 14:25"All this I have spoken while still with you. 26But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

==============================

I have had some times in my life where there was nothing but turmoil. It seemed like everything that I touched went wrong. I couldn't enjoy music or see sunny days. Why? Because I was focused on the many issues that came into my life.

I read this passage and wondered “why are these words here?” GOD knows I need to hear these words to know what HE is doing in my life. HE didn't have to tell me HE was putting HIS HOLY SPIRIT in me. HE could have just done it. But HE told me so that I could have peace.

I have to tell you that peace is so precious to me right now. When I find peace, I want to hold onto it as long as I can, because I know that trouble is lurking around the corner trying to steal it.

What is peace? I never really thought it through so here goes.
  • Peace is knowing things will be alright.
  • Peace is having security in GOD not in man.
  • Peace is accepting the situation and not trying to steer what GOD is doing.
  • Peace is enjoying that GOD is blessing in spite of sins.
  • Peace is focusing on GOD's promises, not man's failures.

I find that sharing GOD's peace with others brings me peace. When I read about the peace HE has given me, I am compelled to tell others and they wind up with peace. GOD did a marvelous thing. HE gave us HIS HOLY SPIRIT who lives inside those who believe in JESUS' death burial and resurrection for the forgiveness of sin.

The HOLY SPIRIT will teach and remind me that JESUS loves me and that things are not dark. HE will tell me to calm down when the storm hits. HE will let me know insights about GOD when I quiet my mind down and study GOD's Bible. HE will bring me peace.

Peace is very important to GOD. HE says over and over "Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." I have heard so many times to not "let" my heart be troubled. Maybe I have control over my heart.
  • I control my heart by accepting what the HOLY SPIRIT says to it.
  • I control my heart by helping others.
  • I control my heart by not being held down by the enemy’s lies.
  • I control my heart by believing GOD is on my side and wants only the best for me.
HE says "Do not be afraid." This is a big one but simply put into these words... "The battle is not yours, it's the LORD's."
  • Do you want peace today?
  • Can you stop worrying for a minute and praise GOD for what HE is doing?
  • Can you stop listening to the lies that pop into your head?
  • Do you know you are valued and HE needs you to tell someone about HIS greatness?
  • Can you praise GOD "now" for what HE is going to do for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment