Monday, April 5, 2010

Don't take credit for what GOD is doing.

John 6:43"Stop grumbling among yourselves," Jesus answered. 44"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day. 45It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.' Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me. 46No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. 47I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.

===================================

As a young Christian I used to think that I would "save" people with my words. I would get excited and tell people about CHRIST whether they wanted to hear it or not. I would make sure they heard the message each time I saw them.

I have grown up to see witnessing is much more than telling.

  • Witnessing is caring for a person.
  • Witnessing is praying for a person.
  • Witnessing is listening to a person.
  • Witnessing is not judging the person.
  • Witnessing is blessing the person.
  • Witnessing is laughing with the person.

I like to be accepted for who I am. When I sense people judging me, then I move away from them. It is no different for those who need a relationship with CHRIST. The minute they feel judged, the quicker they move away from CHRIST and me.

GOD has shown me that I need to be a magnet to people. My life should be attractive to people so that they become curious. GOD will use my life to draw people to HIMSELF. HE is the attractor, not me or my words. If people point to me then that's a problem.

GOD draws people to HIMSELF by giving me the right words at the right time.
GOD draws people to HIMSELF by bringing circumstances in the persons' life that make them look for HIM.
GOD draws people to HIMSELF by accepting people just as they are.
GOD draws people to HIMSELF by demonstrating ultimate love through the death and resurrection of HIS SON JESUS.

When I finally realized that it is not me or my words that are attractive, then I began to bear fruit. I let go of people that I am trying to arm wrestle to CHRIST. HE has given me some people that I can specifically witness to. There are some people I cannot reach, but GOD will bring the right person in their life to draw them to HIMSELF.

  • Do you think GOD can use you to bring people to HIMSELF?
  • Are you trying to get credit for what GOD is doing in someone's life?
  • Are you trying to witness on your own strength or on GOD's strength?
  • Do you feel exhausted in your Christianity?

No comments:

Post a Comment