Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Even the blind can "see" something good!

John 12:12The next day the great crowd that had come for the Feast heard that Jesus was on his way to Jerusalem. 13They took palm branches and went out to meet him, shouting, "Hosanna!" "Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!" "Blessed is the King of Israel!" 14Jesus found a young donkey and sat upon it, as it is written,
15"Do not be afraid, O Daughter of Zion; see, your king is coming, seated on a donkey's colt."

16At first his disciples did not understand all this. Only after Jesus was glorified did they realize that these things had been written about him and that they had done these things to him.

17Now the crowd that was with him when he called Lazarus from the tomb and raised him from the dead continued to spread the word. 18Many people, because they had heard that he had given this miraculous sign, went out to meet him. 19So the Pharisees said to one another, "See, this is getting us nowhere. Look how the whole world has gone after him!"

=======================================

Looking back on my life I can recognize that I am a blind man feeling my way through life. When I say blind, I mean spiritually blind. I think this is why I crave to have order and control in my life because I am spiritually blind.

While I am blind, I can "see" times in my life that GOD has brought me through troubles. I remember doctors saying that a relative had holes in their back before birth indicating some sort of disease. After a lot of prayer, the baby was born healthy.

I remember relatives being diagnosed with cancer. Thirty five years later, they are still here spreading the gospel. GOD has worked many miracles in my life that people often write off as coincidences or they give me credit for my "business acumen." But I know that it was GOD who worked in my life every step of the way.

  • GOD is in control of every situation.
  • GOD has already defeated the enemy.
  • GOD will never leave you alone.
  • GOD can do anything just by speaking.

The blind Jews of that day recognized the true KING. The saw HIM raise a human from the dead! JESUS made sure all humans would give HIM credit so HE waited for the corpse to begin to decompose and rot.

HE reversed the rotting process, put fresh blood in his body and restored his memory. Everyone who saw this rejoiced! They couldn't hold it in. They shouted in the streets, ran around town and told everyone that the Savior of the world is here!

JESUS made HIS "Triumphant Entry" into Jerusalem as predicted by the scriptures. This would be HIS last week on earth as a human. HE knew that HIS ultimate task was upon HIM. The blind Jews didn't know what was coming. They rejoiced and celebrated because a magical earthly king was setting up a kingdom, or at least they thought HE would.

I realize that I am blind, therefore I can see. I know I am deaf, therefore I can hear. I know I am a sinner needing salvation therefore I hold eternal life through JESUS.

  • Can you "see?"
  • Can you "hear?"
  • What is GOD showing you about yourself?
  • What is GOD telling you to do?
  • If your plan is GOD's plan then why do you think the plan will fail?

No comments:

Post a Comment