Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The HOLY SPIRIT has the toughest job!

John 7:37On the last and greatest day of the Feast, Jesus stood and said in a loud voice, "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. 38Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him." 39By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. Up to that time the Spirit had not been given, since Jesus had not yet been glorified.

=========================================

I was born with a sin nature. This means my natural inclination is to do the opposite thing GOD wants me to do. When HE says to trust HIM, I fill my heart with fear and doubt. When HE says to love someone, I build my case for why I need to be loved. Even my righteous acts exhaust me sometimes because I am doing them to get recognized by humans.

GOD did a great thing in my life, HE allowed HIS SON to die for my sins and now that I believe in HIM I was given the HOLY SPIRIT who lives inside of me. What a tough job! JESUS did a wonderful thing, but few speak about the HOLY SPIRIT who lives inside each of those who believe in CHRIST.

  • The HOLY SPIRIT sees every thought.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT sees every sin.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT protects me.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT prays for me in ways I don't understand.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT pleads to the FATHER for me on my behalf.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT provides comfort when I am sad.
  • The HOLY SPIRIT is the one who helps me bear fruit.

GOD did some amazing things to ensure HE would spend an eternity with me. HE wrote HIS laws on my heart. HE became the only human to never sin. HE became a sacrifice in place me. HE sent HIS HOLY SPIRIT to live in my sinful body. HE prompts me to serve HIM the way HE wants to be served.

Now "streams of living water" flow from me.

  • I can tell people that I do the wrong things and I am still accepted.
  • I can tell people they are no longer bound to do the sin they easily fall into.
  • I can tell people about my sin and not feel ashamed.
  • I can tell people that I have joy instead of depression, fear and sorrow.
  • I can tell people there is hope!

The HOLY SPIRIT gets little credit for living inside my sinful body. I don't have a clue what HE has done to make my life better, but I appreciate the love HE has shown me.

  • Are you following what the HOLY SPIRIT is telling you?
  • Is the little voice in your head telling you to serve or to be served?
  • Are you focused on things GOD would cheer about or what humans would cheer about?
  • Do you know legalism, fear, lust, envy and other sins can keep you from hearing the HOLY SPIRIT?
  • What is the HOLY SPIRIT telling you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment