Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Stop worrying, "I'M" on my way.

John 14:1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”

======================================

There are some days when I am just out of my mind! Worry goes through the roof when I think about all the turmoil going on in the world, especially in my own life. I used to ask "will there be any relief?"

At one point in my life I read these words and they did not comfort me at all. When JESUS tells me to "stop worrying" and I couldn't, I felt like a failure at following GOD and I worried more. That's because I wasn't looking at GOD through loving eyes.

  • When GOD tells me to stop worrying, HE has a plan.
  • When GOD tells me to stop worrying, HE knows the end before it begins.
  • When GOD tells me to stop worrying, HE can't wait for me to receive the blessing.
  • When GOD tells me to stop worrying, HE is comforting me not pushing me.
  • When GOD tells me to stop worrying, HE isn't scolding me rather trying to give me peace.

GOD tries to tell HIS humans that HE sees the dangers and troubles of life ahead so "brace yourselves." A sequence of events is in place that has to happen so get ready. When trouble hits you, "do not let your heart be troubled." In other words "When you worry, don't worry."

But how can I not worry about "this" situation? I've never gone through "this" before. The HOLY SPIRIT kicks in and reminds me that HE has brought me through many situations before and HE will take me through many others. Then JESUS leaves HIS words of comfort "I go to prepare a place for you."

You mean the GOD of the universe knows me? YES! To those who believe in JESUS, HE is preparing a place for us. I believe the heavens and the earth were created in six earthly days. Can you imagine what 2000 plus years of creation will be like? I can't fathom it. HE is still preparing a place just for me.

But what about earth and the people who have done wrong things to me? JESUS says "Don't worry about that either. I'M on my way back. And when I return, I will put everything in order and still allow free will to exist."

  • JESUS said HE would come to earth as a human. HE did.
  • JESUS said HE would die for the sins of every human. HE did.
  • JESUS said HE would rise from the dead. HE did.
  • JESUS said HE would build a place for me. HE is.
  • JESUS said HE will return. HE will.

When I worry, I can count on GOD to fulfill HIS promises. HE says, "you don't have to worry, just focus on MY plans and know everything is already taken care of on earth and the new heaven." My focus, instead of worrying, is on HIM.

  • What are you worried about that GOD can't handle?
  • Just because you can't see the answer, does it mean GOD doesn't have a solution?
  • GOD could get you out of your situation immediately, why hasn't HE?
  • Can you turn your stress and worry into "plans" to help other people?
  • Is the reason you aren't learning a lesson right now due to the fact that you should be teaching instead of learning?

No comments:

Post a Comment