Tuesday, April 13, 2010

There is someone who cares about your feelings.

John 11:32When Mary reached the place where Jesus was and saw him, she fell at his feet and said, "Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died." 33When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled. 34"Where have you laid him?" he asked. "Come and see, Lord," they replied. 35Jesus wept. 36Then the Jews said, "See how he loved him!"

==================================

There are some days when I feel everyone misunderstands me. Frowns and scowls penetrate my soul and the word "no" just keeps on popping up on those days. It seems like the clouds hide the sunshine and things seem dark. On those days it also seems like no one cares.

I may pick myself up and dust myself off only to find a surprise bill, broken vehicle or a new ache. Where did "that" pain come from? Sympathy and empathy are fleeting these days. Everyone has issues and are facing some sort of crisis. If they aren't then they are unplugged from humans.

GOD steps into the picture and sees my pain. HE knows exactly how I feel and knows I am human. I get sad, not often, but I still do. When I have these moments I see that HE truly cares.

I used to think that GOD had all of these "tests" for me to see if I was worthy to be in HIS presence some day. I thought HE set up an elaborate obstacle course in life for HIS amusement to watch me fail over and over again. What a poor vision of GOD.

  • GOD knows how HE made me.
  • GOD knows what purpose HE made me.
  • GOD knows what I am trying to hide.
  • GOD knows how to use my sinful self for HIS great purpose.
  • GOD knows I would never choose HIM.
  • GOD knows HE needed to die in my place.
  • GOD knows.

Lazarus died and JESUS waited an extra day on purpose. People knew HE could heal, but they had never saw anyone raised from the dead. JESUS saw their pain and did not scold them for missing a person.

HE understood that even though people who believed in HIM immediately went to paradise, those who remain would be saddened by the loss. HE actually cares about this.

HE is very focused on the new kingdom HE is creating, but HE understands that we have to live here on earth. HE inspired the Bible for us to use as a guide back to HIM while we live on this earth. This shows HE cares about what happens here each and every day.

  • When I doubt GOD, HE protects me.
  • When I leave GOD, HE remains living inside of me.
  • When I blame GOD, HE provides for me.

JESUS understands everyone of HIS humans more than we can ever know. HE knows how you and I reject HIS word every day, yet HE cares.

  • Do you feel misunderstood?
  • Do you think no one cares?
  • Have you trusted that JESUS cares?
  • Do you care?

No comments:

Post a Comment