Thursday, May 20, 2010

Can you share JESUS with a different group this time?

Acts 10:34Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right. 36You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, telling the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all. 37You know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached— 38how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him.

 

39"We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a tree, 40but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen. 41He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen—by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 42He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead. 43All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name."

 

=================================== 

 
I like to be around people who have common interests as me. I feel comfortable having conversations with them and I really enjoy when I can laugh and play. But when I read this scripture I realize that GOD wants me out of my comfort zone.

 

Everywhere I read in the Bible where GOD has done some amazing things, it was never at a time when a human felt comfortable. Quite frankly I must admit there are people I don't feel comfortable around.

 

You may think this is crazy, but I am starting to feel uncomfortable with church goers who point fingers at others while never looking at themselves. I am less afraid of "rowdy" people than I am of churchy people who have narrowed their congregations based on their opinion of what a Christian should look like and act like.

 

I have been in churches around the world and I must report that GOD is still GOD in Harare, Shanghai, Rosarito and Des Moines. I have seen people all over the world celebrate the salvation of JESUS and this let's me know that my biases for others have to be dropped in order for me to serve HIM fully.

  •  When I prejudge a person, I miss out on sharing GOD with them.
  • When I prejudge someone I make assumptions that GOD knows are not true.
  • When I prejudge a lifestyle I cannot share the GREAT NEWS with them.

 

The problem is sometimes I don't trust GOD. I want to see people accept JESUS right away after hearing my words and then I want to move on. Sharing CHRIST take time and effort and it takes building a relationship.

 

That means I must take time to build a relationship with someone who looks and acts different than I do. I must get out of my comfort zone and show GOD's love to those HE sends me to.

  • When I share CHRIST with a person different than me, I remove my cockiness.
  • When I share CHRIST with a person different than me, I remove my arrogance.
  • When I share CHRIST with a person different than me, I have to trust GOD for the right words.
  • When I share CHRIST with a person different than me, I have to remove my prejudice thoughts.

GOD wants me to love HIS humans the way HE loves them. HE wants me to not be afraid of any human rather I should be afraid of HE who owns Heaven and hell.   
  • Do you speak about "groups" of people?
  • Are you afraid of age, gender, political, social, sexual or racial affiliations?
  • Are you focused on the "sin" of someone rather than the love for the "sinner?"
  • Did you have a bad experience with a person that causes you to judge an entire group of people?
  • When is the last time you shared CHRIST with someone who looks, acts and thinks different than you?

No comments:

Post a Comment