Friday, May 21, 2010

Christianity truly is simple if GOD leads it.

Acts 11:22News of this reached the ears of the church at Jerusalem, and they sent Barnabas to Antioch. 23When he arrived and saw the evidence of the grace of God, he was glad and encouraged them all to remain true to the Lord with all their hearts. 24He was a good man, full of the Holy Spirit and faith, and a great number of people were brought to the Lord.

 

25Then Barnabas went to Tarsus to look for Saul, 26and when he found him, he brought him to Antioch. So for a whole year Barnabas and Saul met with the church and taught great numbers of people. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.

 
================================================

 
Wow! Sometimes I feel that it's tough being a Christian. In fact I cringe when a televangelist speaks and says or does something contrary to GOD's word. I got upset at churches who exclude out of ignorance. I got even more upset at unscrupulous pastors bilking their congregations out of money and trust. Then I had to reign in my thoughts because I was finger pointing at them.

 

Okay, what was I doing to over complicate "Christianity?" It took some soul searching but I came up with a number of things.
  • I over complicate GOD's love when I set my expectations on other people (That's GOD's job).
  • I over complicate GOD's love when I don't trust that GOD is doing HIS job and I jump in and "help."
  • I over complicate GOD's love when I judge people for their sin rather than rejoicing what GOD is doing in their life.
  • I over complicate GOD's love when I fight GOD on HIS wonderful plan for me.
  • I over complicate GOD's love when my faith is too small to see what HE is doing in my life and the lives of others.

 

Barnabas saw what had already happened and rejoiced. He didn't focus on the future and get upset and discouraged. He saw that people gave their life to CHRIST and that was enough to rejoice.

 

I see that GOD's message is simple. Mankind sinned, everyone of them. CHRIST loved mankind and died in their place. Now mankind can live with HIM eternally just by believing in HIM. Nothing more to do!

 

This makes me so happy that I want to drop my sins and do what HE says, but here is the caveat... GOD said "Come unto ME all who are broken and heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take MY yoke upon you and learn of ME for MY yoke is easy and MY burden is light."

 

HE said "MY love is easy, eternal and everlasting so stop trying so hard to please ME. I have already done what you are trying to do." The GREAT news about CHRIST is that the message is so simple that even a child can hear it and understand it.

  • When I focus on what GOD has done I can rejoice.
  • When I focus on who HE saved I get excited.
  • When I see that HE is in control my faith grows.
  • When I put my trust in HIM life actually does become simpler.

GOD's message is very simple. My worries doubts and fears overcomplicate HIS message. I now have to focus my actions on spreading this simple message and not worry about what other "Christians" are doing.
  • Are you excited about what GOD is doing or mad at what someone else is doing?
  • Is Christianity hard for you?
  • Can you focus on the simplicity of the message?
  • Are you stuck on trying to eradicate sin in your life and in other folks lives?
  • Do you trust GOD's plan and process?

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment