Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Focus on "MY" relationship with "you."

John 21:18 I tell you the truth, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go." 19Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, "Follow me!" 20Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, "Lord, who is going to betray you?") 21When Peter saw him, he asked, "Lord, what about him?" 22Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me." 23Because of this, the rumor spread among the brothers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?"



I get jealous sometimes when I see people who seem to care less about life and they seem to have all the money in the world thrown at them. Celebrities who do anything to and with their bodies seem to make more and more money, meanwhile people who pray, give and serve seem to be struggling.

I ask GOD, "what about me?" Why do they seem to be blessed and I'm over here wasting away? GOD quickly answered my question through this message.

JESUS had just restored Peter from the denial he committed. Then HE told Peter that he would not only become a great speaker for CHRIST, but he would be killed. Peter immediately asked "What about him?", referring to John.

JESUS says "What is it to you?" In other words don't look at other people. Focus on "MY" relationship with you.

· GOD does not like when I compare myself to other people.
· GOD does not like when I envy someone else's situation.
· GOD does not like when I question HIS plan for me by asking about someone else.
· GOD does not like when I am trying to steer HIM into getting "my" way instead of HIS way.

JESUS quickly saw through Peter's question. He saw it was filled with jealousy, rage and envy. HE sees the same thing in me. When I post the question, "Why me and not them?" I am questioning GOD's approach. I am somehow wiser than GOD and I am telling HIM that HIS plan has to be wrong.

· GOD has a plan for my life that is wonderful and fulfilling.
· GOD has a plan for my life that I don't always agree with.
· GOD has a plan for my life that always works and I am always surprised.
· GOD has a plan for my life that includes me pointing my life to HIM.

HE is telling me to read the Bible for me not for anyone else. HE is telling me to give because "I" am serving people not because I have to. HE is telling to listen to sermons for me and not anyone else. HE is telling me to "give up the sin" I want to hold onto and not pay attention to the skeptics and critics.

I tried comparing my life to others and I saw that I'm alright, but when I compared my life to GOD's standard I quickly fell short.

· Are you comparing yourself to others?
· Are you comparing your sin to other sins, trying to justify keeping your sin?
· Are you "following HIM?"
· Are you committed to living for HIM and not looking around at other people?

No comments:

Post a Comment