Wednesday, May 19, 2010

GOD needs "you!"

Acts 9:1Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord's disciples. He went to the high priest 2and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem. 3As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"
5"Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked.
"I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied. 6"Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do."
---------------------------------------------------------
10In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, "Ananias!"
"Yes, Lord," he answered.

11The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight."

===========================

If GOD can use me, he definitely can use you! I don't consider myself a very bad person. I mean I don't rob, cheat or steal. In fact I try to do things the way GOD wants me to as much as I can.

When I compare myself to other humans I think I am pretty good. Comparing myself to others is "the problem." GOD has set a standard for perfection and I am supposed to compare myself to JESUS.

When I compare my life to JESUS, I get depressed. I mean HE is GOD! How can I follow that act? JESUS says "I use broken people, not whole people." GOD knows just who to use in certain circumstances. 

  • JESUS looked at my heart when HE chose me.
  • JESUS cared enough to choose me, now I want to do more for HIM.
  • JESUS understands the wrong that I have done and helps me serve HIM.
GOD understands when someone is messin' with HIS church. When they mess with me they are messin' with HIM. HE chose the worst person for the job from a humans perspective. HE chose Saul who was self righteous, arrogant and the most churchy person you could run into.

He was a person who enjoyed telling other people what they are doing wrong, meanwhile never admitting what he was doing. He was a blamer and had no problems pointing his finger at the wrong others were doing.

GOD saw Saul's personality, zeal and determination and said "I can use that kind of person to draw mankind to ME." JESUS does the same for me.

But what about Ananias? Was he as bad as Saul? Not by comparison, but when Ananias compared his life to JESUS, he was just as bad as Saul. JESUS evens the playing field and looks at every sinner like a wonderful diamond. HE sees the best in me when humans see the worst in me. 
  • Can you be used of GOD?
  • Are you ashamed about something?
  • How can you serve HIM today?
  • Is HE telling you to do something "big" and you are scared of trying?
  • How can you fail if GOD is telling you to do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment