Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's good to be good but my good is not good enough!

Acts 13: 38"Therefore, my brothers, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. 39Through him everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the law of Moses. 40Take care that what the prophets have said does not happen to you:

 
41" 'Look, you scoffers,

wonder and perish,

for I am going to do something in your days

that you would never believe,

even if someone told you.'"

 
=======================================

 
Over the years I have struggled with the notion of "good" versus "evil." How good should I be? What are the consequences for my sins? Since I'm saved from my sins, can I sin as much as I want to?

 

This is a difficult concept to grasp and explain so, as always, I have to explain it from my perspective. When Adam wondered if his wife would live or die by eating the fruit of "life", everything changed.

 

Every human was sentenced to death because sin was passed down through the birth process. GOD said "All have sinned and fall short of HIS glory." Humans got so wrapped up in their sin that GOD destroyed the earth and left one sinners family alive, namely Noah.

 

After repopulating the earth and after many battles and struggles, prophets and kings were put in place to declare GOD's message. The message they declared was "Salvation comes through following the law."

 

JESUS volunteered to become a human before the world was made but HE chose to be born 2000+ years ago. HE lived as a perfect human and was killed for healing people and supplying their needs. HE was murdered by the people trying to follow the law.

  • The flaw I have with the law is I follow parts of it and not all of it.
  • The flaw I have with the law is I get "proud" of what I do which breaks the law.
  • The flaw I have with the law is I think it is what keeps me saved.
  • The flaw I have with the law is I question if I am close or far from GOD.
  • The flaw I have with the law is I think I am in control of how much GOD loves me.

 

GOD did not do away with the law. In fact HE wrote it on every humans' heart. In the law HE wrote about HIS SON and rejecting the law still means rejecting HIS SON. So what am I to do? Should I follow the law or should I just believe in JESUS?

 

I think it's both! Believe in JESUS and use the law for good judgment.

  • Believing that JESUS saved me from my own death is what makes me want to follow the law.
  • Believing that JESUS saved me from my own death makes me want to tell people about the simplicity of salvation.
  • Believing that JESUS saved me from my own death keeps me from thinking there is some good in me that steers GOD into loving or hating me.

 
GOD loves me with a strange and powerful love. HIS grip is so tight on me that HE will never let go. The people who "scoff" at my belief will wonder and perish, but I am to love them just as CHRIST loves "ALL" humans.
  • Do you think the message of salvation is easy or complicated?
  • Are you busy trying to be "good" to please GOD?
  • Do you know HE is pleased with you already?
  • Since GOD placed HIS HOLY SPIRIT inside of you, how can you ever be "far" away from HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment