Thursday, May 13, 2010

When your "purpose" is of GOD, no one can stop you!

Acts 5: 29Peter and the other apostles replied: "We must obey God rather than men! 30The God of our fathers raised Jesus from the dead—whom you had killed by hanging him on a tree. 31God exalted him to his own right hand as Prince and Savior that he might give repentance and forgiveness of sins to Israel. 32We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."


33When they heard this, they were furious and wanted to put them to death. 34But a Pharisee named Gamaliel, a teacher of the law, who was honored by all the people, stood up in the Sanhedrin and ordered that the men be put outside for a little while.
-----------------------------------------------

38Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God."

===================================

Sometimes I have to check my motive for doing things. I remember just beginning my journey into the workforce. I was fresh out of college and had just started to serve the LORD again. I really didn't know what to pray for or how to pray.

I prayed to be "successful." At that time I didn't know what that meant. Well, years later I was considered successful in men's eyes, but what about GOD? Yes, I went to church, gave money and even served here and there, but I had transferred my trust in HIM to trusting money, insurance and mutual funds.

My trust and faith had transferred into what I could see versus what I could not see. GOD has now blessed me with the vision of helping others. I really thought I was helping others before, but now, GOD said "get along side of people and help them,"

There are times in humans lives that we can question GOD and HIS methods. HE flooded the earth to get rid of evil. HE burned up a city. HE caused famine to happen for years and years. And now the world economic system is in turmoil causing fear in millions.

In each case GOD had a reason for doing the things HE did. "Hey, that's not fair", one would think. Why do the rich get away with murder and the servants seem to suffer? I'm here to tell you that GOD has that under control.


  • Just because I don't understand what GOD is doing doesn't mean HE isn't doing something.
  • Just because I don't see what GOD is doing doesn't mean HE isn't in control.
  • Just because I don't hear what I want to hear, doesn't mean GOD isn't saying what I need to hear.
  • Just because I don't like the situation I'm in, doesn't mean HE won't use it to draw many people to HIM.
Peter and the apostles had gotten bold now! They were going to preach about JESUS to their death. They had a sense of PURPOSE. Nothing could stop them. They were thrown in jail and didn't know if they would make it out alive. GOD said, "your purpose isn't over!"

HE freed them and they were caught again. GOD said "your purpose isn't over!" Gamaliel set them free and said "if their PURPOSE is from GOD then you will not be able to stop these men, rather you will find yourself fighting against GOD!"


  • When men get jealous of me, I'd rather be on GOD's good side not theirs.
  • When the economy causes men to worry, I'd rather trust in GOD and not trust in my account.
  • When people try to make me compromise my values, I'd rather follow GOD rather than following the crowd.

GOD saved the apostles because HE had a purpose for them. They felt driven by their sense of purpose and nothing could stop them. They knew they were protected by GOD and no matter how bleak things looked, GOD would save them.

PURPOSE is like a thermostat versus a thermometer. It sets the temperature of the room rather than reacting to the weather.

  • Do you have a sense of PURPOSE in your life?
  • Aren't you tired of reacting to the "weather" of life?
  • Can you find it in yourself to tell at least one person about GOD's greatness?
  • Can you stop focusing in the world's wealth for a minute to focus on GOD's great power?
  • Can you seek the kingdom and know HE will take care of earthly riches for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment