Thursday, June 10, 2010

All arguments are about GOD and HIS authority.

Acts 25:18When his accusers got up to speak, they did not charge him with any of the crimes I had expected. 19Instead, they had some points of dispute with him about their own religion and about a dead man named Jesus who Paul claimed was alive.

========================
I like to be right, ask my friends and family. It feels good being right. People respect me and ask my opinion. Sometimes my desire to be right or even to be heard can get in the way of how GOD wants me to act.


 
I soon realized that other people feel the same way. They too desire to be right and to be heard. The problem with being "right" is that it is from "my" sinful perspective. I may not always have a pure GODLY motive behind being "right", nor does the person I have a conflict with.  
  • When my motive is not aligned with GOD, I cause arguments. 
  • When my motive is not aligned with GOD, I desire to get my way. 
  • When my motive is not aligned with GOD, I want "what" I want "when" I want it.

GOD's ways are pure and without sin and they hit the core of our soul. If everyone on the planet were to follow HIS ways, then we would never have an argument or dispute. Life would unimaginably great. 

 
Unfortunately life on this earth will remain as it is, in peril. Human selfishness will continue to cause life to be a struggle because we all want be right. Paul was great at causing riots and arguments. It was never his intention, but he firmly believed in CHRIST as our risen SAVIOR.

The judges of the courts could not understand the concept of "GOD" and scoffed at his "religious" remarks. Paul's accusers were "religious" church goers who killed the person claiming to be GOD. Who should the judges believe?
  • I believe that JESUS died for me, in my place.
  • I believe that JESUS rose from the dead and is now preparing a place for me.
  • I believe that JESUS sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live inside me and HE helps me serve others.

This belief in JESUS will continue to cause disputes on this earth. Wars and power struggles will ensue because of the struggle against what is "right." My place is to follow what the Bible says is right. But there are so many interpretations of the Bible. Which one is right?
  • Have you read the Bible for yourself?
  • When you don't understand something about GOD, do you look for an answer?
  • When life doesn't seem fair, do you look to GOD for the answer or do you sulk and complain?
  • Do you seek to be "right" or to have "GODLY peace?"

No comments:

Post a Comment