Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Am I better than "that" person?

19Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. 20Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

=============================

When I was a baby I threw tantrums and did things I wasn’t supposed to do. I wanted all the attention in the room and would cry when I wasn’t getting it. How do I know I acted like that? Because most babies act out not knowing any better.

 
As an adult, if I screamed and threw a tantrum people would look at me like I was crazy, I should know better. How should I know better if I haven’t been taught? Fortunately for me, I was taught how to act around people. But is there any excuse for someone who wasn’t raised to discern right from wrong?
  • GOD wrote HIS law on every heart so that I would know right from wrong. 
  • GOD made sure that every human would have a choice. 
  • GOD knows HIS creation will always choose sin over HIM. 
  • GOD introduced GRACE, LOVE and MERCY through HIS SON JESUS “THE CHRIST.”

  
I am taking my time while reading this very important chapter because it points out the unrighteousness of humans. Sometimes I think my attempts of being “good” can change GOD’s mind about me or that I can sway HIM to do something different in my circumstance.
  • GOD didn’t leave the most important act of “eternity” up to me.
  • GOD knew I would not act perfect so HIS perfect SON volunteered to die in my place. 
  • GOD knew I wouldn’t choose HIM, yet HE made me anyway.

 
God speaks through Paul to me and says I am not righteous nor are my family, friends, neighbors or anyone on this planet. HE says that some people attempt to live by the “law” but their attempts just point out the dreadful fact that all humans are sinners. 

 
What are we to do? Is there any hope? YES! GOD gives us only one way to have hope and that is to believe JESUS died when we should have died.
  • I can’t trust humans, but I can trust JESUS.
  • I can’t trust myself, but I can trust JESUS. 
  • I may run into liars and cheats, but I can trust JESUS.

 
The FATHER says “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you.” This plan includes protecting me for eternity!
  • Are you trying to get out of your situation by being good?
  • Are you straightening up your act temporarily or permanently?
  • Is it your righteousness or GOD’s mercy that saves you?
  • When does GOD “not” like you?(The answer is HE ALWAYS loves you!)
  • How much more does GOD have to do for you outside of the death of HIS SON?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment