Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Follow the "rules", like 'em or not!

Romans 3:3What if some did not have faith? Will their lack of faith nullify God's faithfulness? 4Not at all! Let God be true, and every man a liar. As it is written:

 
"So that you may be proved right when you speak

 
and prevail when you judge."

 
=======================================

I have to admit there is a part of me that does not like GOD's rules. The evil part of me says "who is HE to put rules in place I can't follow?" See how crazy the evil part of me is. Unfortunately I go through this battle quite often.

I question GOD every step of the way. "Why", is my most common question, like I know better. "Why do I have to go through this" or, "Why did 'that' have to happen to that person?" I even misjudge people saying "They are being punished for their sin."  
  • GOD created life knowing that HIS creation would turn against HIM. 
  • GOD is visible and audible, I am just blind and deaf to HIM most times. 
  • GOD knows my blindness causes me to not follow HIM. 
  • GOD has a plan that includes fixing the pain that humans go through. 

 
I question GOD and ask HIM, "Why good versus evil?" HE says to me "Where were you when I created life, the heavens and the earth?" Sounds harsh, but it is quite true.  
  • I wasn't there instructing HIM on how to create "free will."  
  • I wasn't there when Satan chose to try to be GOD.  
  • I wasn't there when the first man sinned, causing all humans to fall. 
  • I wasn't there when GOD saw all of the evil humans would do and decided to die in their place. 

 
GOD speaks through Paul when HE tells me that my lack of faith does not nullify what HE did or is doing. In other words, just because I'm blind and deaf doesn't mean there isn't something to see and hear. 
  • Just because I don't see GOD's blessings on my life, doesn't mean HE isn't blessing me. 
  • Just because I can't see HIS promises being fulfilled, doesn't mean HE isn't fulfilling promises daily. 
  • Just because I won't agree that I have committed sin, doesn't mean I shouldn't be punished for my sins.

  
I love GOD's promises, unfortunately they come with a caveat. I have to follow HIS rules, not mine. I want to be the free"est", richest man in the world. GOD has chosen a different route for me. I argue about my route but the HOLY SPIRIT that GOD placed inside of me calms me down. 
  • When I submit to the HOLY SPIRIT I am able to see and hear GOD. 
  • When I submit to the HOLY SPIRIT I am able to relax and have peace about my circumstances. 
  • When I submit to the HOLY SPIRIT I am able to be "free and rich", just not in a worldly way.

Following GOD takes faith and trust that HE is taking care of "everything" even in my blindness. HE knows the right situations to put me through to help me see HIS glory, mercy and LOVE.
  • Are you going through something and wondering why GOD is putting you through this?
  • GOD has the power to change your situation instantly, why hasn't HE?
  • GOD loves you dearly, so could the thing you are going through be a lesson instead of punishment?
  • Can you get energized by GOD's greatness in spite of your circumstances?

No comments:

Post a Comment