Monday, June 14, 2010

GOD is with you even when mistakes are made.

Acts 27:22But now I urge you to keep up your courage, because not one of you will be lost; only the ship will be destroyed. 23Last night an angel of the God whose I am and whom I serve stood beside me 24and said, 'Do not be afraid, Paul. You must stand trial before Caesar; and God has graciously given you the lives of all who sail with you.' 25So keep up your courage, men, for I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me. 26Nevertheless, we must run aground on some island."

 
=================================================

 
I look back at times in my life where I goofed. I mean I "blew it" and then I felt rotten. I wish that I could learn lessons without bumping my head, but alas, I tend to learn the hard way. 

 
I could mention some light things like touching hot stoves as an example of a lesson learned the hard way, but what impact would that have? I'd rather go into sexuality. Oh boy! This is a tough one. 

 
I will try to keep it PG-13 rated. In college I made the mistake of beginning my sexual journey. Back in the day there wasn't much discussion about sex, just "don't do it." GOD has very clear guidelines for sex.

 
GOD said sex was supposed to happen when I got married. GOD also said I would enjoy sex with the mate HE would supply, for as long as we remain alive and well. GOD said sex should happen between a man and women and that's it.

 
I said to myself "well, at least I'm having sex with a women and maybe I'll marry this one." I tried to justify what I was doing as being "right" or "better" than what someone else was doing.
  • GOD says "sin is sin" no matter how large or small. 
  • GOD says "be open about telling people about my sins and maybe they will see their own." 
  • GOD says "care enough about people to warn them about the sins I have committed." 

 
Paul warns experienced sailors not to sail because they would become shipwrecked. They didn't listen to the warning and did what they wanted to do. They sailed when it was calm but GOD sent a hurricane and the men were so scared that they began to make irrational decisions.
  • GOD saw the mistakes I would make before he created me. 
  • GOD forgave me for those mistakes and created me anyway. 
  • GOD sent HIS SON to take the punishment for my mistakes. 
  • GOD still does not take sin lightly. 

GOD says I can't change the past, but I can help someone's future. By gently and lovingly telling people about my sins, I hope and pray they can see their own and not "shipwreck" their lives.

 
Even "when" they do fall into sin, they are forgiven. How do I know? HE forgave me.
  • Are you stuck in sin even though GOD clearly says not to?
  • Do you believe that JESUS' death and resurrection wipes away "ALL" your sins?
  • Can you forgive yourself for your sins?
  • Can you forgive someone for their sins they committed against you?
  • Are you afraid to talk about your sinful past in efforts to try to cover it up?
  • Who are you trying to impress, GOD or humans?

No comments:

Post a Comment