Tuesday, June 29, 2010

How to get "hope."

Romans 5: 3Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.


6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

==============================
I sure don’t like going through trials. I like when times are peaceful and things are going “right.” Unfortunately I don’t appreciate the good times enough and during those times I act like a spoiled child to GOD. 

During good times, I saw people in need and I would judge their situation. Were they worthy of my help? Do I really have time to help this person? What’s in it for me if I help this person? All of these questions come back to haunt people either in this life or the next.

GOD sees my motive and knows if they are pure or not. HE sees through my schemes and shakes things up for me so that I can see HIM and HIS glory. GOD takes me through trials to strengthen me. Is HE punishing me? Well, I believe HE does correct HIS children, but the correction serves another purpose.
  • GOD takes me through trials to get my attention. 
  • GOD takes me through trials to show me others who are in need. 
  • GOD takes me through trials to show HIS power over trials. 
  • GOD takes me through trials to strengthen my faith. 

GOD speaks through Paul when HE said suffering produces perseverance which produces character which produces HOPE. This is a process that cannot be modified.  
  • I have to suffer in order to become strong. 
  • I have to persevere in my suffering for a prolonged time to become a better person. 
  • I have to be a person of character in order to receive hope. 
Paul then goes into a great analogy. He tells me that I can count on the “hope” GOD gives me to handle my trial well. He says I can count on this hope because GOD did a magnificent thing that in the middle of my sins, CHRIST died for me. 

CHRIST could have punished me for my sins, yet HE took compassion on me and showed me mercy instead. Since HE did this while I was in the middle of my sin, I can trust that HE has a great plan for me. The trial is only temporary and I have to trust that it is a process.

The longer the trial, the greater the task GOD has for me when the trial is over. I have a responsibility to tell people about the HOPE they can place in JESUS. I can tell people their suffering is temporary, but life in CHRIST is eternal. I can tell people I am rescued even before it happens.

GOD helps me persevere which makes me a better person who sees other suffering people. HE then gives me hope that relief will come in this life or the next.
  • Are you going through a trial?
  • Do you need rescuing?
  • Have you trusted GOD and put your hope in HIS rescue plan?
  • What do you put your HOPE in?

No comments:

Post a Comment