Wednesday, June 2, 2010

When GOD says "Do not be afraid" then believe HIM.

Acts 18: 9One night the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision: "Do not be afraid; keep on speaking, do not be silent. 10For I am with you, and no one is going to attack and harm you, because I have many people in this city." 11So Paul stayed for a year and a half, teaching them the word of God.

========================================
I am absolutely amazed at how many times GOD sprinkled the words "do not be afraid" in the Bible. I guess HE put these words here specifically for me. I have said many times before that I am afraid of my shadow!


Fear is a strange thing. It seems to pop up at the strangest time. For me, fear attacks in the morning when I am about to begin my day. I think about all of the "stuff" I have to do or the people I haven't talked to and my mind begins racing.


Immediately my mind begins to drift to other needs. "Are my wife and kids okay?" "Did I pay that bill?" "Can I pay that bill?" "What about Aunt Ethyl's health?" If I had an Aunt Ethyl. Then the little flame of worry starts.


I begin to fan the flame of worry by thinking some more. "My wife and kids need this and they need that." "Wow, it's been a long time since we did this or since we did that." I begin to mix anger with my worry. "GOD, why do you have me in this spot?!", I cry out to HIM.


I guess that's why GOD wants me to read the Bible everyday. HE wants me to have peace in the middle of all the storms that I "have" to face. I ask HIM "well, why do I have to go through the storm?" HE answers me "I even went through the storm when I went to the cross for you and I asked MY FATHER the same thing." 
  • When I live for CHRIST I have to expect storms. 
  • When I live for CHRIST I know that GOD will protect me in spite of what's going on. 
  • When I live for CHRIST I should not separate myself from people because of my shame. 
  • When I live for CHRIST GOD increases and I decrease. 
  • When I live for CHRIST GOD is ALWAYS with me!

I have seen GOD do some amazing things in my life. HE has protected me from many scoundrels and dangerous situations. HE has healed my love ones from deadly diseases and provided for my family when there was no way to explain how or where the money was going to come from. 

I guess I had to think about these things in order to face today’s' fears and worries. Paul was not making any friends along his journey. He found the truth about CHRIST and was on a mission to tell the world about HIS greatness! 

HE went to the Jews and the Gentiles and was met with the same stubborn hatred. They sought to kill him everywhere he went just because HE spoke about JESUS being the only way. GOD said "do not be afraid" and Paul believed HIM. 
  • GOD knows what I am going through. 
  • GOD knows how to protect me. 
  • GOD knows when I am afraid so HE sends peace by telling me "do not be afraid." 
  • GOD gives me tools to be able to cope with life’s troubles.

When I read this message, life’s anxieties melted away. HE doesn't want me to focus on the future, that's HIS job. Yes, I can plan, but planning is all I should do. I should set a course and focus on what GOD has told me to do. Oh wait... that means I have to listen to HIM. 

  •  My SPIRIT tells me to move forward not backward.
  •  My SPIRIT gives me discernment to listen to messages from GOD through humans.
  •  My SPIRIT jumps when I read a message that pertains to my life right now.
  •  My SPIRIT fills me with joy when I face trouble trusting that HE knows what is best for me! 
I guess I need to hear "do not be afraid" again and again because my faith is temporary. I am glad GOD understands this and protects me anyway.

  • What are you afraid of?
  • Do you believe GOD will take care of what you are going through?
  • Are you telling people about HIS SON?
  • Do you expect trouble to come up against you?

No comments:

Post a Comment