Wednesday, July 7, 2010

GOD loves me because HE sees HIMSELF in me

Romans 8:7the sinful mind is hostile to God. It does not submit to God's law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the sinful nature cannot please God.


9You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.

===================================

I sometimes wonder if my life is "pleasing" to GOD. Did GOD make me so that I would disappoint HIM? Does HE like everything I do? I think HE loves me, but there are some things that need to change.

Before I believed that I needed to be saved from eternal death, I tried to do everything under my own power. In fact, I still struggle with trying to do GOD's job. GOD saw my empty rotting life and decided to do something about it.  HE filled me with HIS HOLY SPIRIT and saved my life.

  • GOD no longer sees sin when HE looks at me.
  • GOD no longer is my enemy.
  • GOD no longer is upset at what I do.
  • GOD is pleased with me because HE only sees HIS SPIRIT HE places in me.

It's amazing what GOD has done. HE saw a very empty person who questioned everything HE did. "Why" was always my first question to HIM. Each decision HE had for my life was met with opposition and I struggled to get my own way.

GOD saw this struggle in my life and decided to save me anyway.  HE knew that I would never love HIM rather I would try to manipulate HIM into doing things my way. HE placed HIS HOLY SPIRIT in me so that HE would see something good in me.

  • Since the SPIRIT lives in me I act different.
  • Since the SPIRIT lives in me I want GOD's humans to not reject HIS gift.
  • Since the SPIRIT lives in me I no longer have eternal consequences.

I used to get confused by what GOD did for me. HE saved me from eternal consequences, but I still have to pay for sins committed against others while I'm living on this earth. If I steal or kill, I will go to jail. GOD loved me so much that HE leads me away from sin, but when I resist, HE loves me anyway.

  • Do you think it is your "goodness" that gets you closer to GOD?
  • If GOD placed HIS HOLY SPIRIT in you, how much closer can HE be?
  • If you are empty and searching for something, will you let GOD fill you up?
  • What more do you want from GOD now that HE has done so much for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment