Tuesday, July 6, 2010

It’s “war” inside of me!

  Romans 7:21So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22For in my inner being I delight in God's law; 23but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. 24What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!

====================================

 
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin. 

 
I remember being told not to do something, but I did it anyway. I thought I was getting away with “my way” but then I got caught. When asked “Why I did the offense” those great words came out of my mouth “I don’t know.” 

 
Self preservation is a great driver of lies. The entire reason I sin is to preserve “self.” I want “what” I want “when” I want it and “how” I want it. Sometimes I will stop at nothing to get what I want. The problem with this attitude is that it leads me to a place where I am going against what GOD says.  
  • My sin makes me question GOD and HIS ways. 
  • My sin confuses me about my relationship with GOD. 
  • My sin makes me doubt that GOD loves and cares for me. 
  • My sin blinds me to the truth. 

Sin loves to lie and twist the truth. When I fall into the trap of wanting to fulfill my lustful desires, then I feed the sinful monster. More lies spill out and I get confused more and more. GOD knows all about my confusion and HE did the greatest thing HE could for me. HE rescued me from the confusion. 
  • GOD guides me daily as the one and only great shepherd. 
  • GOD is never hot or cold in HIS love toward me. 
  • GOD is not affected by my sin, rather HIS love, grace and mercy shines brighter. 
Each day I have to realize there is a war inside of me and I have to choose sides. 
  • Understanding myself helps me know when I am about to sin. 
  • Understanding myself helps me know what sins I am open to so I can stop them before they start. 
  • Understanding myself helps me plan for serving GOD rather than randomly letting it happen.

GOD wants me to know and understand that I am a sinner. My broken relationship with GOD is not because of GOD, it’s because of me. The sooner I realize I have a war going on inside of me, the sooner I will seek help from the only one who can cure me, namely CHRIST.
  • Will sin win or will you let GOD lead your life today?
  • Do you get your way or HIS way today?
  • Can your way be HIS way for a change?
  • Can you plan for the war inside of you and choose GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment