Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Accept me for who I am (on purpose)!

Romans 14: 1Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. 2One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. 4Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

===============================

When I graduated college I made some significant changes in my life. I gave up the silly escapades and the racy lifestyle to settle down to a GODLY life. This felt good and I wanted others to do the same. Unfortunately my approach was not the best.


 
When I read the Bible I saw how GOD wanted me to act. When I made the changes in my life I began to tell others. They wouldn’t listen. Not taking “no” for an answer, I would try a little harder. Soon the battle was on.

 
My zeal for telling people about how they were living wrong expanded into telling people about how they were worshipping wrong. After a while everyone was wrong and I was the only holy person living in the United States!
  • GOD accepts people at face value and wants me to do the same.
  • GOD has given people different levels of faith and want me to appreciate people for it.
  • GOD desires to show how HE can make the weak strong by HIS power, not mine.
When I judge someone for what they are doing or not doing GOD asks me one simple question… “Who created this person?” By judging a person on “disputable matters” I am calling GOD stupid or wrong.

 
There are so many denominations of people who claim to follow CHRIST. Each has its own nuance that is slightly different. Humans seek to “belong” to something so they boast about the biblical differences that make them “right” when in reality GOD wants us to praise the differences.

 
There is one undisputable truth… JESUS (GOD) died for me when I should have. This truth guides me to accept various forms of worship, singing and praise without judging if the person is pleasing GOD or not.

 
  • Do you see someone who has weak faith?
  • Why are you compelled to tell them they are wrong?
  • Is your faith so weak that you have to see people do things your way?
  • Did GOD honestly tell “you” HE is not pleased with their worship?

No comments:

Post a Comment