Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bring someone “hope” today!

Romans 15

 
1We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. 2Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. 3For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: "The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me." 4For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.

================================

  
Several times in my life I felt hopeless. The funny thing about that feeling is my situation wasn’t as hopeless as it seemed, nevertheless I still felt distressed and depressed. Many times I felt nervous and worried over a job or no job or a relationship or being alone or an ailment or a death. You name it.

 
Every once in a while someone would pop up and tell me that I’m doing great! They look at me and say “wow!” That’s when I look at them and wonder who in the world are they talking about? Then I realize they are talking about me.
  • Encouragement for others is better than a pat on the back for me.
  • Encouragement for others grows people to do the same to someone else.
  • Encouragement for others can change someone’s day.
  • Encouragement for others makes my day.
GOD wants me to forget my circumstances for a moment to encourage other people. HE took it upon HIMSELF to suffer for me in my place and didn’t seek pleasure. When someone insults me they are really insulting HIM.

 
HE knows how difficult life can be so HE asks that I encourage someone today to provide them hope!
  • Do you know someone who needs encouragement?
  • Can you encourage without patronizing the person?
  • Do you know how far a kind word will go in someone’s life?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment