Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I’m Free! Is that a good thing?

1 Corinthians 10: 23"Everything is permissible"—but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"—but not everything is constructive. 24Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others.

 
25Eat anything sold in the meat market without raising questions of conscience, 26for, "The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it."

 
=========================

 
Free spirits love to do “what” they want to do “when” they want to do it and “how” they want to do it and “where” they want to do it. Okay, I admit I am a free spirit. What’s wrong with getting my way whenever I want to? Plenty! It’s like a kid who chooses candy for a meal instead of what’s good for him.

 
My thoughts are not GOD’s thoughts and my ways are not HIS ways. What I think is great HE thinks is awful. My thinking unfortunately is flawed with sin and I want my way constantly. What happened? Why do I have this imperfect relationship with GOD? Well, I don’t know, but I can guess.
  • GOD made me perfect along with all humans.
  • GOD made “freewill” and “choice” which enables true love to exist. (Otherwise we would be robots)
  • GOD made Satan who also had freewill and choice. (Unfortunately he chose wrong)
  • GOD threw Satan out of heaven for attempting to be GOD. (He tried to control his life without GOD)
  • GOD watched Satan try to ruin all humans by poisoning us through Adam and Eve.
  • GOD became a human and died for everyone’s sin.
  • GOD knew I would never choose HIM so HE chose me.
It’s quite amazing that GOD knew all of the sins I would do before HE made me, yet HE made me anyway. HE knew how many times I would reject HIM and HE didn’t just send me straight to Hell.

 
Paul tells me that I can do anything I want! I am “free”, but do I really want the freedom? NO! Well, what do I want? I guess I want what GOD wants, true love.
  • Love is made by GOD.
  • Love is defined by GOD.
  • Love is GOD.

Since GOD made love and is love, I want to follow HIS ways. I choose to give up my earthly freedom so that I can acquire "heavenly freedom."
  • Do you wish to be “free” to do what you want?
  • Are you tired of getting “your way” when you know in your heart that’s not “GOD’s way?”
  • Can you stop getting “your way” for a moment?
  • Can you seek the good for someone else instead of yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment