Friday, August 6, 2010

My prayer needs your help!

Romans 15: 30I urge you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me. 31Pray that I may be rescued from the unbelievers in Judea and that my service in Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints there, 32so that by God's will I may come to you with joy and together with you be refreshed. 33The God of peace be with you all. Amen.

 

==================================

 
Sometimes I ask GOD for things and the answer I get is silence. This can test my faith. It’s times like these that cause me to question GOD and HIS abilities or if HE even cares about me. I mean if HE cares about me then why doesn’t HE grant me “this wish?”

 

 
Unfortunately my thinking is flawed. GOD does LOVE me so much that HE became a human and died in my place. This act of kindness is the ultimate sacrifice which keeps me in my loving relationship with HIM for eternity. So why doesn’t HE grant me my “wish” in every prayer I say to HIM?
  • GOD understands my motive and knows it is sometimes selfish.
  • GOD knows the good things in life that point me to the kingdom.
  • GOD is the one who made everything so HE is wise enough to know how to handle my circumstance.
  • GOD’s plan is not my plan since my plan is based on sinful thinking.

 
Paul knew that his prayer needed some help. He sought after a person GOD would listen to. “Maybe if the collective group would pray then I might be rescued”, Paul may have thought to himself. If we all agree then maybe someone without a selfish motive will be heard.
  • GOD has a plan specific to me that is only brings HIM glory.
  • GOD listens to prayers and listens to the HOLY SPIRIT and determines the best path for me.
  • GOD has answered all of my prayers, it’s just sometimes the answer is “no” or “wait” or “not that way.”
When I truly desire to see people understand the love CHRIST has given me GOD grants this prayer in abundance.

 
What are you praying about?
Do you think your prayers aren’t being heard?
Do you expect the thing you prayed for to actually come true?
What does GOD say about your prayer?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment