Thursday, September 9, 2010

Am I acting right?

2 Corinthians 1: 12Now this is our boast: Our conscience testifies that we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially in our relations with you, in the holiness and sincerity that are from God. We have done so not according to worldly wisdom but according to God's grace.

 
One Sunday morning my students were putting their lesson away because it was time to assemble for the sermon. Sunday school was over and we had just finished a great discussion. As we walked down the stairs a person walked in the door of the church and recognized me. “Hey! We had a great time drinking at the club last night”, he shouted!

 
Okay, this is not a message on “drinking” or “clubbing”, but it did make me think about being an example. I wanted to live two lives, one with CHRIST and everything else.
  • When I believed that JESUS is my SAVIOR I became one with HIM.
  • When I accepted that I deserved to go to Hell but now I won’t, I now owe everything to HIM.
  • When I was given the HOLY SPIRIT as my guide, I can discern right from wrong.
The HOLY SPIRIT lives inside and sees all the sins that I commit on a daily basis. This part of GOD has the most difficult job because GOD cannot stand sin and wants no part of it. HE sacrificed HIMSELF to make sure that I would be forgiven for even the least of my sins.

 
Now, as my act of love, I try my best to serve GOD with sincerity and holiness that only come from GOD.

  •  When I serve others I do it according to the Bible, not from my own wisdom.
  • When I serve my family I am serving GOD instead of my family.
  • When I serve my neighbors I am serving GOD instead of my neighbors.
  • When I work I work for GOD not my company.

Paul recognizes the change made in him is only because of GOD’s grace. GOD took pity on Paul and me so that we could write and teach about GOD and HIS mercy. Now I actually desire to do things HIS way.
  • Are you doing things your way or GOD’s way?
  • Are you busy judging others and not working on grace and mercy between you and GOD?
  • Are you content with how you are serving GOD?
  • Are you living as an example of GOD’s mercy or are you living on your own wisdom?

No comments:

Post a Comment