Thursday, September 23, 2010

Am I fighting the right fight?

2 Corinthians 10: 3For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

==============
When it comes to political speeches and commercials you really don’t want my opinion, but here it is anyway. Double talking and posturing insights rage and anger in me. Instead of solutions people are too concerned about “who” is in power not “what” is being done! Whew! Have I complained about “them” enough? What about me?

As I looked at politicians I realized that I too act like them at times. When I want my way my double standard shines brilliantly. Unfortunately my double standard doesn’t work well against “stronghold” or powerful evils and addictions.
  • My judgmental attitude doesn’t mix well with GOD’s compassion.
  • My fear doesn’t mix well with GOD’s faith.
  • My lust doesn’t mix well with GOD’s purity.
  • My short fuse doesn’t mix well with GOD’s patience.
  • My rage doesn’t mix well with GOD’s kindness.
  • My prejudice doesn’t mix well with GOD’s love for “all” humans.

GOD clearly doesn’t like the actions of a “double talker.” HE definitely will punish those who posture to get their way and trip people up in their words so HE wants me to act right and use HIS weapons.
  • GOD wants me to control my lust by focusing on serving.
  • HE desires that I drop my fears, doubts and worries by getting excited about HIS current plan.
  • GOD loves when I have patience for people, especially when I don’t hold them to “my” standard.
  • HE is extremely pleased when I comfort the sad, enlighten the lost, encourage the depressed and build up the anguished.

In order to attack the “strongholds” of life, GOD wants me to use HIS tools of love, grace, mercy and peace. What strange tools… but these are the only effective tools.
  • What fight are you trying to fight?
  • Are you taking matters into your own hands?
  • Are your actions based on what GOD wants you to do?
  • Are you helping someone out of a “stronghold?”
  • Are you stuck in an addiction or stronghold?

No comments:

Post a Comment