Wednesday, September 1, 2010

GOD is less “random” than you think.

1 Corinthians 14 26What then shall we say, brothers? When you come together, everyone has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. All of these must be done for the strengthening of the church. 27If anyone speaks in a tongue, two—or at the most three—should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret. 28If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and God.
 
29Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said. 30And if a revelation comes to someone who is sitting down, the first speaker should stop. 31For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged. 32The spirits of prophets are subject to the control of prophets. 33For God is not a God of disorder but of peace.

 
=========================

When we took the field we had no plays drawn out. I ran deep and waved my hand but no one threw me the ball. In fact no one got the ball because out quarterback was sacked. No plan to execute. (Sorry for using a football analogy for those who don’t like the sport). When we regrouped this time we huddled, assigned roles, and executed.

As I ran by the tree I turned to my left and the quarterback threw me the ball and I ran for the first touchdown in my life. We needed “order” to achieve results.

 
Over the years I have blamed GOD for doing “random activity” when in fact HE loves precision, exactness and ‘absolute’ especially when it comes to strengthening the church. I saw war, famine, disease and broken people trying to serve HIM and thought “how could GOD allow these things to happen?”

 
In my life some prayers would be answered and some weren’t. Even the term “act of GOD” seemed to be random because it meant that some disaster happened. Why is GOD so random? Or is HE?

 
  • Strengthen the church by singing a song because it’s hard to complain while praising GOD.
  • Strengthen the church by teaching people about GOD for what HE revealed needs to be learned.
  • Strengthen the church by discussing new understanding of what “HE has revealed to you” that makes you stick to HIS ways.
  • Strengthen the church by speaking in another intelligible language with an interpreter so that people can grow by what is spoken.
  • Strengthen the church by asking if what you just said is in alignment to what GOD told man to write in HIS Bible.

 
GOD has plans and methods that I don’t understand so daily events appear to be random but they really aren’t. GOD wants and has control. It sounds like I actually have a choice in controlling myself.

 
Every tumbling rock or raindrop is accounted for. HE has the universe under control and expects me to control myself in a way to build up and strengthen HIS church.

 
  • Can you bring some order to your life?
  • If you view GOD as “random” can you stop for a while to seek HIS plan?
  • Do you do things with a purpose or are you letting life drag you along?
  • Are you sitting back blaming GOD or are you taking steps to grow others?

No comments:

Post a Comment