Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Help! I have problems!

1 Corinthians 16: 13Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 14Do everything in love.

Radiant light glared through my windshield as I headed east on my three hour drive to my new home. My neck was hurting and stiff, I didn’t feel well and I didn’t know where I was going. My first day of work was in a few days and I didn’t have a place to live.

Back then MapQuest didn’t exist and the street maps were sketchy at best. I exited at the first exit to the city just to stretch. People gave conflicting directions and I was nervous. I got in the car turned down a street and prayed “LORD I haven’t prayed to YOU in years, I don’t know what to do. Please help me!”

You won’t believe me when I tell you that while sitting at a light my stiff neck went away and as I tested my comfort I noticed a sign for a set of apartments with a great price for rent. Joy filled my entire body just finding an apartment I could afford and as I drove further I noticed something else. My new job was only a few blocks away!
  • Be on your guard – I must expect things to go wrong in my life as well as temptations.
  • Stand firm in the faith – JESUS died for me. No matter if I lose all material possessions or health or loved ones, I should keep my belief in HIM until I die.
  • Be men of courage – I must add courage to my faith and be confident that GOD will protect me through harsh times.
  • Be strong – Sometimes my problems will last longer than I anticipate. This is only an exercise in strengthening me.
  • Do everything in love – When I’m serving others, it is up to GOD bear the fruit, provide the comfort for me and them and grow us in the process.
Paul was going through opposition and struggled daily. He also knew those who fully gave their lives to CHRIST would face the same opposition if not greater. He didn’t always know what was in store for him around the next corner.

Life has many struggles but GOD is there to bring me through each battle. HE knows exactly what I am going through and has a great plan for me.
  • Are you going through problems?
  • Who or what are you putting your trust in?
  • Can you serve someone today?
  • Will you try asking GOD “what do YOU want to do today?”

No comments:

Post a Comment