Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Hope.

2 Corinthians 4: 8We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 10We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.

 
============================

Speeding in an old “Junker of a car” was my way of being carefree. Unfortunately the cops didn’t feel my same sentiment. After a couple of heavy fines I found myself out of cash then the bandwagon came. Bill collectors started harassing me. What? You mean I have to pay for the things I charged on my credit card?

 
To make matters worse I got a letter from my dean stating my grades weren’t up to par. Weeks before I was dumped by my girlfriend. Also, my janitor job wasn’t glamorous and when my junk car broke down I had to walk two miles to get there. Extra effort for a miserable existence! Where was GOD?

  • Life is tough, GOD is stronger than life!
  • Problems can be perplexing; GOD is my way to clarity!
  • People can be uncaring; GOD loves me in ways I can’t imagine!

During that time many other things seemed to go wrong, BUT GOD was there to bring me through. I hadn’t prayed much at that time so I got down on my knees in my apartment and just said “Please help me! I don’t know where I’m going or how to handle this situation! My life is out of control and I need YOUR help!”
  • GOD placed HIS SPIRIT inside me to protect me from the world’s problems.
  • HE said things will go wrong while I live on earth so focus on HIS kingdom.
  • JESUS is there when I get low and knowing this always gives me hope!
Looking back on things helps me see that GOD was there all along. HE nudged me in the right direction and protected me even when I didn’t ask for it. Years later GOD blessed me with the right wife and family, a wonderful job and a dependable car. I also learned how to get out and “stay out” of debt.

 
Now when I go through a trial period I can see GOD working even when I don’t immediately see the problem going away. GOD gives me hope!
  • Are you having difficult times?
  • What have you put your “hope” in?
  • Can you let go of your problem for a minute and recognize how GOD is protecting you?
  • You believed GOD saved you, why are you doubting HIS love for you now?

No comments:

Post a Comment