Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Let GOD make your test!

2 Corinthians 13
 5Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?

 
===================

 
We laughed and joked as we walked on the quad. Another sunny bright day made everyone we passed smile. When we arrived in class the teacher, to our surprise, began passing out a test. We looked at each other and got back up and walked out!

 
Not knowing there is a test was trying but what is even more difficult is trying to make up my own test with the correct criteria that shows I know what I’m doing.

  • GOD has taken the test for me by giving me HIS SON.
  • HE died because of my sins and now I can have eternal life.
  • Because HE lives in me, I can understand right from wrong with corrected lenses.

JESUS made a way for me to live eternally correct by following what HE tells me through HIS Bible, messengers and the HOLY SPIRIT. I can know exactly what GOD “wants me to do” by comparing “what I want to do” to what “GOD says I should do.”

 

  • I know GOD is speaking to me when I want to sin and get my way and a quiet voice talks me out of it.
  • I know GOD is speaking to me when I help someone when no one is looking.
  • I know GOD is speaking to me when I “hear” one of HIS messengers tell me to have patience.
  • I know GOD is speaking to me when I should have fear yet I have peace.

Paul was correcting some actions of the people of Corinth. Men were bringing their wives and prostitutes to church and slander was the way of life. GOD wants me to “test” my actions to see if they are aligned with HIS.

  • When a desire pops in my head, I must test my motive not my achievement list.
  • When I do something for CHRIST, I must test my humility not my manipulative nature.
  • When I fear doubt and worry, I must test my faith not my knowledge

 
Knowing myself has helped me test myself. I know the sins I commit and I also know some of my sinful desires. I have also noticed GOD working in my life, showing me what HE wants me to do and say each and every day. How do I know it’s GOD? Because usually it’s something I don’t want to do, but know it’s the right thing to do.

 

  • Is GOD telling you to stop a sin that you want to hold on to?
  • Does “that person’s name” pop into your head when GOD tells you to serve somebody?
  • Have you asked GOD “Am I doing things YOUR way or my way?”
  • Are you walking on what you know or by faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment