Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Make yourself comfortable.

2 Corinthians 3Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. 5For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.

===============================

Pondering comfort was my task this morning. What is comfort? At one time I used to think comfort was “things.” If I had enough money in the bank, a nice house, luxury car, nice clothes and the latest gadget then I would be comfortable.

 
With these “comforts” of life came uncomfortable sacrifice. With a nice house I got nice taxes. With a luxury car my maintenance was sky high. In the nice schools there were snobbish social issues. Fitting in with the “Joneses” didn’t work for me and my high paying job never enabled me to be comforted.
  • Comfort is relative and I had to readjust what comfort meant to me.
  • Comfort now means my wife and kids are healthy,
  • Comfort now means we are joyful, smiling and laughing.
  • Comfort now means I have served my neighbors without needing to be thanked.
  • Comfort now means I know GOD is 100% with me and will never leave me.
Many situations in life are uncomfortable right now. When I have based my life on things and titles I was at wits end. Who was I before I got my stuff and my title? I was the person GOD loved before HE created the foundations of the world.

  •  JESUS died for me and sent the HOLY SPIRIT who comforts me daily.
  • The Bible provides me with a daily dose of GOD’s comforting words.
  • Once I am comforted, I can share my comfort with others.

GOD has truly blessed me and now I am so excited to spread HIS “true comfort.”
  • Have you gone a week or even a day without eating?
  • Do you have access to radio, TV, cars and phones?
  • Can you tell people how much you have been blessed in spite of your problems?
  • Can you give GOD credit for being there 100% of the time even when you don’t feel HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment