Monday, September 27, 2010

My weakness is my strength!

2 Corinthians 12
7To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. 8Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.

 
9But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

 
===============

During the day we worked very hard. The president needed his speech, dignitaries had to be in their place and every booth required management as a small ocean of people attended our convention.

Numerous parties were hosted in the evenings celebrating self acclaimed success boasting about sales increases. The fan fair, music, pomp and circumstance rallied everyone to frenzy. Money! That’s what we discussed and there was a LOT of it to pass around.
  • GOD said any lust is a sin.
  • The lust for money is the root of all evil.
  • When I desire a “lifestyle” then the desire can control me.

It’s very hard to not get caught up in the desire for money and a better lifestyle especially here in the USA. Nice cars, big houses and the latest fashion or gadget dance in front of us daily. Our discussions were about humidors, wine cellars and golf practice in the game room.

 
There is nothing wrong with any of these “things” but my lust for them took my eyes off of GOD. Once I was no longer in that high position, I felt my world was gone. I thought I was “a nobody” and “a nothing” BUT GOD said something different.
  • Since GOD defines “wealth” I need to pay attention to what HE has to say about it.
  • GOD is insulted that I call myself “a nobody” because HE made me.
  • My definitions can sometimes get in the way of how GOD wants me to view HIM.

GOD knows my weaknesses and lusts. I beg HIM to take them away and HE leaves them there. Then HE tells me “MY grace is sufficient.” Grace! Wow that’s a concept I really could use daily.

  • GOD’s grace is sufficient to cover any and “all” of my sins.
  • GOD’s grace is sufficient to guide me to a better path even when I stray off the path.
  • GOD’s grace is sufficient to focus my sadness and turn it into joy.
  • GOD’s grace is sufficient.

---------------- 
  • Are you trying to hide your sins from GOD?
  • Do you think things will go better for you if you stop sinning?
  • Can you stop sinning “without” trying to manipulate GOD and do it just because it’s the right thing to do?
  • Can you forgive yourself and others today knowing GOD’s grace is sufficient?

No comments:

Post a Comment