Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The purpose of money.

2 Corinthians 9: 10Now he who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will also supply and increase your store of seed and will enlarge the harvest of your righteousness. 11You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.

 
=================

Cellophane wrappers glistened the aisle and a musky odor touched my nose. As we purchased a comic book for my son, the salesman told me that a mint condition “Superman” comic episode 1 was worth thousands.

 
To my dismay I remembered having this comic book and I also remember it being thrown in a bin of toys, junk and trash in my attempt to “clean” the basement. Mine was worthless because I didn’t care about it and didn’t know its value.
  • Money and trinkets are only temporary.
  • Having money, then having it taken away brings deep sadness when I have the wrong focus.
  • Money is only valuable if the lifestyle that it brings is valuable to me.
  • Money can bring status amongst humans but not with GOD.

It’s amazing how much of GOD’s resources I have wasted over the years. As I said before, I wasn’t too much of a giver because I considered myself poor. When I had little, I gave little. I did not tell people about GOD’s SON and I felt GOD needed to give to me first before I gave to other people.
  • Blessings can come from GOD and from Satan.
  • Just because a criminal or godless soul is wealthy doesn’t mean their wealth is a blessing from GOD.
  • Jealousy of wealthy godless people is like me saying I want to be blessed in the wrong way rather than accepting GOD's current plan.

Abundance of trinkets that come from GOD is reserved for a few people here on earth. GOD knows when a person is truly generous and will bless them with wealth because that kind of person doesn’t let wealth go to their head. They know the problems that come with the wealth and they still give to people without judging them. But their true focus is telling people about GOD's SON.
  • Money from GOD is meant for me to distribute to GOD’s people.
  • It’s alright for me to have nice things as long as I have served GOD’s people first.
  • My bragging should be contained to GOD’s wealth, not mine.
  • When I have little, I still should be generous.

A friend and I just spoke about this topic yesterday and I am amazed that it’s here again. GOD wants me to be earthly “and” eternally wealthy but it starts with "eternity" and that should be my focus.
  • Are you sad because you can’t buy the latest thing?
  • Are your bills greater than your income?
  • Can you still be generous in spite of your situation?
  • Do you place money higher than GOD?
  • Can you give just a little to someone today?

No comments:

Post a Comment