Friday, September 17, 2010

Today is your day!

2 Corinthians 6
1As God's fellow workers we urge you not to receive God's grace in vain. 2For he says,
"In the time of my favor I heard you,
and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation.
=======================

Sitting on the edge of my bed in my apartment I squinted as I peered around my room. My glasses had fallen off of the nightstand and the dim light hid them well. As I patted the floor bumping into things, a thought came over me. “I have been wearing glasses since I was five due to a car accident and I deserve to have clear vision!”

“Good idea”, I thought to myself. So I prayed “GOD, if you ‘are’ GOD, heal my eyes!” Well twenty plus years after I said this I am fond of my glasses that I still wear to this day. In other words GOD ignored my blithering prayer.
  • Just because I’m annoyed or inconvenienced doesn’t mean the situation isn’t good for me.
  • GOD is still GOD whether I understand what HE is doing or not.
  • Fortunately for me, GOD is not moved when I am angry at HIM, HE still has everlasting love for me!
Over the years I have matured to understand that “tempting” GOD is not a good idea. HE is GOD and I was created to follow HIM but I have the free will to not choose HIM or HIS ways. When I sincerely follow HIM I notice something special.
  • When I finally stop trying to do things my way, GOD shines through me.
  • When I stop trying to steer GOD in my prayers, HE hears me.
  • When I believe that HE has already taken care of my situation and act like it, HE pours out HIS blessings on me.

GOD says to the weak, sad and hurt, “I AM your GOD and I hear you. I hear your plea and today is the day for your salvation.” What a great message! You mean all my bills are paid or my ailment is instantly gone or that broken relationship is mended or I get to keep my job? Maybe for someone but here is a way to look at it.
  • I get excited just hearing GOD hears me and acknowledges my pain.
  • I feel I can endure knowing GOD will handle things in HIS time, not mine.
  • When HE says “HIS time of favor” is here then I open my hands and wait for the blessings!
 Today is my day! I know for sure HIS blessings have been poured all over me!
  • Have you prayed for things out of disappointment?
  • Are you anticipating what a blessing should look like?
  • Can you open your eyes to the blessings HE has done in your life?
  • Do you believe that “today” HE has resolved your issue even though you may not see it?

No comments:

Post a Comment