Friday, October 29, 2010

Another prayer for you

Philippians 1:  9And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, 10so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, 11filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.

============

Dear HEAVENLY FATHER,
Right now it is difficult to see how great YOUR love is because I am focused on the world’s negativity. Political, economic and racial tension creates an atmosphere that breeds self medication through drugs, alcohol or sexual impurity. I feel so small when fighting the world.

LORD, I am not perfect so please help me help at least one person understand that YOU still care for them no matter how dark things may look.
  • Help me discern what is best so that I can take my mind off of life’s negativity.
  • Help me discern what is best so that I can see YOUR power instead of the world’s calamities.
  • Help me discern what is best so that I can hear YOUR still quiet voice that gives me peace.
  • Help me focus on YOU and not on me so that I can take one more step towards YOU.

Thank you JESUS for making me blameless. Please bless those who read and repeat these words.

No comments:

Post a Comment