Monday, October 4, 2010

Give some Grace because you may need it.

Galatians 2: 20I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

=====================


Driving down a lonely highway tempted me to move in an expeditious fashion. Yes, I was speeding and the law didn’t like it so I was pulled over. My wife glanced with the “I told you so” look as moments before she warned me about cops being in the area. After sitting their “guilty” the cop came back to the car told me to slow down and sent me on my way with a warning.

  • Grace is something I need a lot more of.
  • When I give grace to people, they are no longer in control of my destiny.
  • When I forgive people GOD shows grace to me.

I love to win arguments. Argument after argument, I would bring in logic and be equipped with my examples. Whether it is a person at work, my wife, kids or the law, I was going to “win” the argument. But there are times where my logic was blinded by selfishness that’s when I need grace.

  • I need grace when I think I’m right and I am wrong.
  • I need grace when all I can think about is my problem.
  • I need grace when I see everyone else as the problem.
  • I need grace.

CHRIST JESUS did a wonderful thing when HE showed me grace. I was still a sinner in the middle of my sins when HE decided to save me from myself. I was the guilty party and GOD said “no you aren’t.” “I will take your death sentence and you can live with ME eternally.”

Now that HE lives inside of me and I in HIM, I can rest assured of my life after death. But wait, what does this have to do with life on earth? Since GOD is residing in me, I should act accordingly. Yes HE forgives me for all my sins, but should I go on a sin binge? No!

  • GOD loves when I attempt to sincerely give up my sins.
  • HE adores my feeble attempt to worship HIM.
  • HE dotes over my pitiful love I show others.

GOD’s grace is extremely abundant and is great enough to handle all of my sins. HE even gave me a portion to show others the same. When I do, the results are marvelous!

  • Can you show someone grace today?
  • Why do you expect grace from GOD if you are not showing grace to others?
  • Do you praise GOD often or do you complain about your conditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment