Monday, October 18, 2010

I’m a work in progress!

Ephesians 2: 19Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, 20built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. 21In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. 22And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

=====================

Morning was finally here and it was time to go search for some scrap wood. The kids in my neighborhood were extremely enterprising and we were no different. On our makeshift wagon we would tote wood and bent rusty nails back to our “jobsite” next to the garage.

Our building was a clubhouse and our foundation was the garage. Yes, we nailed our two story clubhouse to the garage to make sure it wouldn’t fall down. “Daddy, mommy, look what we did” we said in excitement! They looked frightened and excited at the same time. “It’s something” they said.
  • GOD understands I will make mistakes.
  • GOD understands I am not finished yet.
  • GOD understands I stray off the road constantly.
  • GOD understands I need HIM.
Human sin caused me to be separated from GOD eternally. Just being born was grounds to go to Hell because the flaw of sin is passed through birth. Something had to be done or all humans would be lost. GOD stepped up, became a human, accepted to be murdered by HIS humans and was raised to give me eternal life.

GOD saw every sin I would ever commit and said “I will die to save you anyway.” From birth to death, HE erased my sins, but HE had to tear me down in order to build a new structure. From the time I “accepted” JESUS and stopped rejecting HIM, HE started rebuilding me to focus on HIS kingdom instead of me.
  • GOD is rebuilding me each time I love a person I don’t want to love.
  • GOD is rebuilding me when I seek to know HIM more instead of constantly seeking human knowledge.
  • GOD is rebuilding me when I trade judgment for compassion.
  • GOD is rebuilding me each time I give up depression for praise.
  • GOD is rebuilding me when my loneliness is traded for service to many.
  • GOD is rebuilding me each time I say no to fulfilling my lusts.
It’s funny, humans expect me to be perfect, yet GOD doesn’t. HE knows my imperfections and says “perfect, you are just the right person to reach many.” This motivates me to please HIM more.
  • Are you a mess?
  • Do you understand GOD doesn’t expect you to be perfect?
  • Can you talk openly about your imperfections to someone, letting them know GOD loves you anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment