Thursday, October 14, 2010

Want power? Open the “eyes” to your heart!

Ephesians 1: 18I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19and his incomparably great power for us who believe.

That power is like the working of his mighty strength, 20which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.

 22And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.

=============

Lying on the bench I grasped the bar, lifted it up and lowered the weight to my chest. “Wow this is heavy” I thought to myself. Seven, eight, nine, TEN! Whew! Then a guy who had muscles asked “Are you done with that?” “Yes” I said and he grabbed the bar with one hand snatched it up, threw his other hand on it and proceeded to do “curls” with the “light” weight.
  • GOD’s power is inconceivable!
  • GOD’s power is indefinable!
  • GOD’s power is incomparable!
  • GOD’s power is true power!
Sometimes I ponder what kind of being GOD really is. I mean HE has always been, HE is everywhere, all knowing, all seeing and truly in control of everything, I mean everything! HE sat on the throne as HIS SON JESUS was murdered and with all power HE raised HIM from the dead giving HIM all power.

If GOD has all this power, why doesn’t HE just show HIMSELF? Why doesn’t HE just snap HIS finger and give me my demands?
  • I can’t see GOD’s power when the “eyes” of my heart are closed.
  • I can’t hear GOD’s peace when the “ears” to my mind are listening to worry and doubt.
  • I can’t touch GOD’s kingdom when my “heart” rejects JESUS as my savior who now has all power.
  • I can’t smell GOD’s earthly fragrances when my “nose” is distracted by the stench of greed or lust.
  • I can’t taste GOD’s victory when my “legs” take me out of the race of life.
It’s funny I can read about GOD’s power, yet I don’t believe HE is in control of my situation. I start believing scientists more than the most powerful being. BUT GOD says “open your eyes and see MY power!” Each time I do this HE shows me without disappointment.

  • Are you seeking a title thinking you will have power?
  • Have you gotten so caught up in your situation that you doubt GOD and HIS ability?
  • Can you recognize GOD’s power at work around you right now?
  • Can you be still for a moment to use HIS power instead of your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment