Monday, October 25, 2010

What does GOD want from me?

Ephesians 5:  8For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light 9(for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) 10and find out what pleases the Lord. 11Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. 12For it is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret.

=============

“Everything smells like chlorine” I said to myself as I headed back to the lockers. “It’s freezing and I only have a few minutes to get dressed and go to class.” But a few people weren’t getting dressed rather they were huddled by the door separating the girls lockers from the boys. “I wonder what they are doing.”

When they finally cleared the way, I looked through the crude notch in the door. For the remainder of the semester, I had to make a choice, remain pure or not.

  • GOD makes it clear no immoral person shall inherit HIS kingdom.
  • GOD makes it clear no greedy person shall inherit HIS kingdom.
  • GOD makes it clear no sexually impure person shall inherit HIS kingdom.

Wow that seems harsh! I mean didn’t GOD save me and I am saved forever? YES, CHRIST died for “all” of my sins but I still have a need to find out what is pleasing to HIM.

  • Goodness means understanding GOD’s ways and mimicking them, knowing HE alone has the power.
  • Righteousness means understanding GOD is the only way I am clean through belief in HIS death, burial and resurrection.
  • Truth means understanding GOD’s word which is the Bible and discovering how HE wants me to live.

Many times in my life I have wanted “freedom” to do what I felt like doing and usually it wasn’t what GOD wanted me to do. When the winds of life came, I went running back to GOD begging HIM for forgiveness and asking HIM to do something else for me especially when I was in trouble.

My life is not “my life” rather it is GOD’s life and HE wants me to act like it. Free will allows me to act a fool, but the HOLY SPIRIT enables me to constantly come back to the course GOD wants me to be on. I now know what GOD wants from me, my life trusting in HIM.

  • Do you have even a “hint of sexual impurity?”
  • Are you greedy in any kind of way?
  • Do you make coarse jokes?
  • Are your words about GOD “empty?”
  • Can you expose your darkness for the purpose of bringing someone else to the “light?”

No comments:

Post a Comment