1 Thessalonians 5: 14 And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone. 15 Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else.
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
Sitting in the counselor’s office felt very strange for me. It was time to apply for colleges and I had not built any rapport with this person in the three years of my attendance. “What college do you want to go to?” my counselor asked. “Uh…” was my reply.
- Life can be overwhelming for me when I focus on problems.
- Negative thinking can bring on greater despair.
- Even small tasks become unmanageable when I’m in a funky mood.
Many people are “dear in headlights” when it comes to life and I am no exception. When a task is too great then I stop and stare at it for a while and hope that GOD fixes the situation. I do the same with my spiritual life.
I hope that GOD fixes all the evil around me and in me while I sit back and reap the benefits. BUT GOD hasn’t and doesn’t work that way in my life.
- I have to warn the complainers who sit around crabby about life that this behavior displeases GOD.
- I have to encourage those who have lost jobs, health, homes, or loved ones to the best of my ability.
- I have to be patient with people who are “deer in headlights” because life can be overwhelming.
- I have to make sure that I am a “referee” instead of joining one team or another when my friends or family argues.
- I must strive to do good even when people all around me are falling to things not pleasing to GOD.
- I must rejoice “always” even when life seems to be crumbling at my knees.
- I have to pray about every decision to make sure I am in alignment with GOD.
- I have to give GOD thanks in “all” circumstances to keep from blaming HIM for my trials.
Paul gives the best counsel about life and how I am supposed to live until CHRIST returns!
- Is life overwhelming you right now?
- Can you hear GOD telling you to make a change in your life?
- Can you try a couple of changes to focus more of your life on GOD’s will?