Monday, November 15, 2010

Have I lost connection?

Colossians 2: 18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19 They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

============

We circled the Wal-Mart parking lot for the last time with the fortune of finding a close spot. Two gentlemen approached me asking for money to “catch a bus” even though this store was far away from public transportation. The thought crossed my mind to tell them about CHRIST especially since I had just volunteered for the Billy Graham outreach.

It had been a long time since I told someone the gospel so unfortunately the words didn’t come out so well as my judgmental tone preceded my message. “Do you know JESUS” I questioned in a condescending tone. As I talked “at” them I noticed their eyes glaze over as they searched for a way to get away from me. I had lost connection!
  • False humility is the ugliest way to worship GOD.
  • False humility let’s me judge others without looking at myself.
  • False humility means I am following the letters of the “law” without understanding the “heart” behind it.
  • False humility lives on the “past” service I have done which gives me the license to “currently” judge others.
When I live a life thinking I am spiritually clean I justify my judgmental actions. I declare others unworthy of my wealth and time and I get out of practice of being compassionate. I start complaining about what “others” are doing wrong and what “they” are saying without thinking about GOD.
  • GOD is the one who draws people to HIMSELF.
  • GOD is the one who holds the true church together.
  • GOD is the one who has the right to judge yet shows compassion.
When GOD became a human and allowed HIMSELF to be murdered, that action took all my judgment away. It’s my job to exclaim the great news about being saved from eternal separation from GOD instead of judging people for what they do.
  • Are you talking about “them” and what “they” do instead of looking at yourself?
  • Do you openly listen to messages about giving or do you judge who should get your money?
  • Do you think GOD needs you to spread HIS gospel or do you feel thankful that’s “why” you spread the gospel?

No comments:

Post a Comment