Thursday, November 11, 2010

It’s all about GOD!

Colossians 1: 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

============

Pondering GOD is a good exercise for me to do every once in a while. I begin by asking questions that I can’t answer like “how have YOU always existed” or “how are YOU three separate yet equal parts?” These are too complicated for my little brain but HE does give me a glimpse of HIS “supreme” nature.

Supreme means above all others or the highest or the ultimate, yet sometimes I think I am the highest.
  • When life is tough I want my problem fixed immediately.
  • When life is good I want more good.
  • When life is boring I want a change.
  • When life is erratic I want peace.
Sometimes I view GOD by the temperature of my life. GOD is good when the weather is warm and HE is a punisher when the weather is bad. Unfortunately this is the wrong view of GOD.
  • All things were created by JESUS.
  • Everything in heaven belongs to JESUS.
  • Everything in and on Earth belongs to JESUS.
  • Everything I can see belongs to JESUS.
  • Everything I cannot see belongs to JESUS.
  • Every boss I have ever had or will have was put there by JESUS.
  • Every elected official was put there by JESUS.
  • Every pastor, teacher, trainer was put there by JESUS.
  • Everything is held together by JESUS.
JESUS created it all and put everything in place just for HIM. HE made the church and is the church. HE became the firstborn human and died for me now I have peace!
  • Have you asked GOD “what do YOU want” instead of telling HIM what you want?
  • Do you believe that even your problem was made for HIS glory?
  • Can you see GOD in the middle of a storm in your life?
  • Can you see GOD loving “bad” people?

No comments:

Post a Comment